Property for sale in the heart of Roussillon between sea and mountains, oenoturistic accommodation and a modern cellar with great potential. On the eastern foothills of the Canigou massif, at the extreme east of the Pyrenees, with a breathtaking view.
The estate was created at the end of the 19th century. A preserved island in perfect condition, this landscape gives free rein to the passion for wine and nature. Beautifully and carefully renovated buildings, completed by new winery buildings built in 2003-2004.
The current owner has surrounded himself with the best specialists for the in-depth transformation of the vineyard, the renovation of the buildings and the construction of new wine storehouses.
APPELLATIONS : AOP CÔTES DU ROUSSILLON, IGP CÔTES CATALANES and IGP OC
Today, the vineyard extends over about thirty hectares, on clay-limestone soils. The vineyard was entirely restructured between 1999 and 2018, with the potential for an additional harvest from 2021. There are also 6 hectares of old vines over 50 years old which add cachet to the property. Possibility of extending the vineyard nearby.
Alongside the traditional grape varieties, Carignan, Grenache, Cinsault, very aromatic varieties such as Syrah, Mourvèdre, but also Marselan, Caladoc, Merlot and Cabernet-Sauvignon.
After a long practice of sustainable viticulture, the vineyard is now certified "High Environmental Value, level 3", giving way to traditional methods, such as mechanical tillage of the soil, respect for the environment, favouring biodiversity and low yields.
From 2020, conversion to organic farming (3 years to be planned for the conversion) allowing a better valorisation of the wines, including for the wine trade.
Operating buildings : the 1189.60 m2 complex was built between 2004 and 2005, comprising :
- a vinification cellar (381.45 m2)
- a storage cellar (143.65 m2)
- an ageing cellar (143.85 m2)
- a sales cellar (110.90 m2)
- a tasting room
- offices (76 m2)
- a pickers' house (49 m2)
- garages (110.45 m2 + 81.70 m2)
- Phytosanitary room (11 m2)
A mansion house of about 300m2, with numerous outbuildings (meeting room, museum, gîtes), built in 1895, fully renovated and modernised between 1997 and 2007.
RURAL GÎTES and OENOTOURIST ACTIVITIES
At present, several wine tourism activities including "stay at the Château" in the accommodations:
- An flat of 60m2, with all comfort, labelled Gîtes de France, located on the first floor of a completely renovated building, ideal for 4 people (2 independent bedrooms). Terrace on the ground floor.
- A 40m2 studio, loft type, all comfort, offering the same level of equipment as the flat, located on the first floor with independent entrance and view of the park.
- Possibility of developing wine tourism activities by creating 2 or 3 additional gîtes (in the annexes or on available land within the estate, with the support and strong will of the village council).
Located 15 minutes from Perpignan and 10 minutes from the highway access.
Similar properties for sale in South France
1,700m² Vineyard for sale in South France, France
- Bedrooms 7
- Built size 1,700m²
- Plot size 40ha
664m² Vineyard for sale in South France, France
- Built size 664m²
- Plot size 7,500m²
Vineyard for sale in South France, France
- Bedrooms 6
1,840m² Vineyard for sale in Alicante ciudad, Alicante
- Bedrooms 8
- Built size 1,840m²
- Plot size 56ha
Top PickCiudadela de Menorca
604m² House / Villa for sale in Ciudadela, Menorca
- Bedrooms 5
- Built size 604m²
- Plot size 1,000m²
Top PickBarcelona City, Eixample Right
192m² Apartment with 30m² terrace for sale in Eixample Right
- Bedrooms 5
- Built size 192m²
- Terrace 30m²