15th century Moorish palace with two separate houses, an events hall, stables and a chapel.
Important features of this castle / palace
- Mountain views
- Swimming Pool
- Period features
- Period Building
- Natural light
- Mosaic tile flooring
- Marble flooring
- High ceilings
- Tourist License
- Horse-riding facilites
- Gourmet lounge
- Equipped Kitchen
- Chill out area
- Built-in wardrobes
- Air conditioning
- Floor plan 962m²
Everything you need to know about this castle / palace for sale
This unique property includes a palace and two other smaller houses, surrounded by extensive ornamental gardens with a private chapel, tennis court, several large terraces, outside summer bar/eating area, a 30 ft spring-fed swimming pool (heated), dining hall in an old large converted olive oil press (used for events), tennis court, helicopter landing area, parking space for 25 cars all surrounded by magnificent unspoilt views of the hillsides and valley.
The palace has been elegantly and thoughtfully renovated so as to preserve its unique atmosphere and outstanding historical features, including some of the original furniture.
It has a spacious entrance hall with 300-year-old Sevillian wall tiles. Downstairs we find a cloakroom, a magnificent main drawing room with a central column, vaulted ceiling and original stone fireplace, library, day room, timber panelled dining room with seating for up to 24 people. There is a spacious country style kitchen with a walk-in crockery cupboard, laundry area, museum / games room with a pool table and an inner patio.
Currently run as a successful hotel. Ideal for investment or relocation with established buisness.
Property only available with Lucas Fox
This jewel of Andalucia has Moorish architecture dating back to 1492,
Distribution of this castle / palace
- Room 1 - Large double bedroom with sitting area and ensuite bathroom (north facing over rear orchard).
- Room 2 - Master suite with four poster bed, living room area, luxury bathroom with separate shower and large bath (south west facing).
- Room 3 - Twin beds, ensuite bathroom, views over main gardens (south facing).
- Room 4 - Twin beds, ensuite bathroom (south facing).
- Room 5 - Twin beds, ensuite bathroom (south facing).
- Room 6 - Spacious room with canopied double bed, luxury bathroom (south east facing with great views).
- Room 7 - Mini suite with two rooms, twin beds, ensuite bathroom, sofa bed in connecting room (north east facing).
- Room 8 - Spacious twin bedded room with sitting area, ensuite bathroom (north facing over rear garden).
- Room 9 - Rear tower, four poster bed, ensuite bathroom, private terrace, (south east facing).
The Gate House
- 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and private courtyard of 690 sqm
- Ideal for staff or a small rental has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
Costa del sol oriental - Axarquia, Málaga: Location and surroundings of this property
Set deep in the heart of the Spanish hinterland between the coast (half an hour's drive) and Granada (one hour's drive).
Similar properties for sale in Costa del sol oriental - Axarquia
Costa del sol oriental - Axarquia
Exclusive listingCosta del sol oriental - Axarquia
- Bedrooms 7
- Floor plan 700m²
- Plot size 30,000m²
Costa del sol oriental - Axarquia
- Bedrooms 4
- Floor plan 385m²
- Plot size 20,000m²
- Bedrooms 15
- Floor plan 641m²
- Plot size 28,096m²
- Bedrooms 13
- Floor plan 1,256m²
- Plot size 8,581m²