Beautifully restored 18th Century country estate, totally off-grid with its own private energy and water production. Ideal for a community of 15-20 people.
Set amidst 500 olive trees, 200 organic fruit trees, a 400m2 vegetable garden (with BIO label) and a private vineyard, the property has its own private water and electricity (provided by photovoltaic panels) making it fully off-grid and self-sustainable.
The main farmhouse, dating back to 1805, measures 690m2 and has been fully restored by the current owner, adopting a stylish minimalist design. It has been conceived with a view to housing large groups and would be ideally suited as an eco retreat or a meeting place for artists and thinkers seeking a communal existence amidst beautiful natural surroundings.
Aside from the main house, a second building houses extensive communal areas totalling 553m2 which include a large dining room and kitchen, a library, a multipurpose room (235m2) and additional bathrooms.
Additional accommodation includes 3 studios with bathroom and kitchenette and a 53m2 apartment - also with a bathroom and kitchenette.
The estate is completed with an orangerie (105m2), a 50m swimming pool (currently under construction) and a horse menage (40m in diameter).
The house is equipped with underfloor heating, wifi and a domotic system - all run by the property's off-grid system.
This is a dream project for someone looking to create an eco project in one of Spain's most beautiful countryside locations. There is also the opportunity for the buyer to acquire additional land.
- Mountain views
- Swimming pool
- Private garage
- Horse-riding facilities
- High ceilings
- Natural light
- Underfloor heating
- Chill out area
- Solar panels
Main house (690 m²)
- Kitchen (64m2) with access to a terrace
- Living room (40m2) with open fireplace and access to a large terrace (46m2) with beautiful views
- Bedroom (40m2) with toilet and sink and adjoining wooden terrace (13m2)
- Bathroom (64m2) with access to a 90m2 terrace and to the loft
- Loft with 3,5m ceiling (96m2) with access to the olive groves
- 2 garages (96m2)
- Technical room (96m2)
Additional accommodation (143 m²)
- 3 studios with shower, toilet and kitchenette (90m2)
- Apartment (53m2) with shower, toilet and kitchenette
Communal Spaces (553 m²)
- Dining room (118m2) with access to the kitchen (30m2)
- Library (100m2) with access to 3 toilets and showers (12m2)
- 4 treatment rooms/offices (46m2)
- Multipurpose space (235m2) with access to 3 toilets and showers (12m2)
- Eco-conciergerie (30m2)
- Orangerie (105m2)
- 50m Swimming pool (under construction)
- 8,5ha of private land, completely fenced with two separate entrances
- Olive groves, fruit trees, vineyard, 400m2 vegetable garden with BIO label
- Horse menage
This farmhouse is 15 minutes from all services, 25 minutes from the coast, 15 minutes from the highway, 30 minutes from Girona airport and 20 minutes from the AVE station which provides a high speed rail service to Barcelona, Madrid and France.
Similar properties for sale in Alt Empordà
1,628m² Hotel for sale in Alt Empordà, Girona
- Bedrooms 12
- Built size 1,628m²
- Plot size 3,774m²
1,817m² Hotel with 2,000m² garden for sale in Alt Empordà
- Bedrooms 9
- Built size 1,817m²
- Plot size 45,000m²
Girona rustic property to buy near Figueres and Costa Brava
- Bedrooms 5
- Built size 780m²
- Plot size 2,300m²
Girona country house for sale in the Alt Empordà
- Bedrooms 9
- Built size 830m²
- Plot size 20,490m²
Renovated country house to buy in the Emporda, near Figueres
- Bedrooms 4
- Built size 760m²
- Plot size 20ha
Reduced PriceEl Gironés
787m² Country house for sale in El Gironés, Girona
- Bedrooms 7
- Built size 787m²
- Plot size 40,348m²