Unique 14th Century defense tower for sale, situated in a pretty village in the Alt Empordà in the province of Girona
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Size 280m² (3,013ft²)
Beautifully restored 2-bedroom historical property, situated in a private community, with high ceilings and a private garden
This attractive village house for sale in the Alt Empordà is located in a well connected small village, not far from the town of Figueres.
The property, an ancient defence tower, is an emblematic feature of its village and has been exquisitely restored by the current owners who have been careful to retain the ancient charm of the property, dating back to the 14th Century.
The wooden beams have been preserved throughout and all the enhanced features have been carefully sourced and are from the 16th and 17th Centuries (doors, fireplace).
The property measures 336m² with 220m² of usable area, comprising a kitchen/dining room, a living room, 2 ensuite bedrooms and a cellar.
The house forms part of a small international community of 7 properties. There is a lovely approach to the village, with vineyards and olive trees and a backdrop of the Pyrenees.
- High ceilings
- Communal terrace
- Period features
- Natural light
- Built-in wardrobes
- The property is part of a small international community comprising 7 properties with a private entrance and central communal area
- The main entrance opens up onto what used to be the animal quarters and is now a large area ready for conversion or that can be left as it is currently, a cellar
- Up the stairs to the first floor, there is a wonderful, spacious living room with original features, a fireplace, a fountain, original doors and high ceilings
- This area opens out onto the small and private garden, ideal for enjoying the sunsets over the countryside and al fresco dining
- At the bottom of the garden is a utility area and back exit to a public area where cars can be left
- From the living area there are a few steps up to the large and spacious country kitchen with views over the central communal area and village
- On the next floor is a beautiful ensuite bedroom with an ancient church plaque over the bed as a headboard and lovely views over the countryside
- On the next floor there is the second ensuite bedroom with a sloping ceiling and built-in wardrobes
- Electric heating
- Fast train AVE nearby
- Excellent country retreat
Roses beaches: 23km
Girona airport: 60km
French border: 24km
Discover nearby locations
Take a look at the regions served by Lucas Fox, read our detailed location guides and see featured properties for these areas.