Spectacular villa for sale, situated in the Sarrià district of Barcelona's Zona Alta, with a plot of more than 41,000m², lush gardens, a swimming pool and fantastic views over Barcelona and the sea
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- Size 765m² (8,234ft²)
Unique, fully restored 8-bedroom landmark Modernista family home for sale in Barcelona. This spectacular listed building has great historical value and superb views over Barcelona and the sea from its hilltop setting in the Collserola Natural Park
Designed by renowned architect Jerome Granell i Manresa in 1912, Villa Paula is set on the Carretera de las Aigües in Barcelona on a plot of 41,000m², which makes it one of the largest privately owned plots in Barcelona.
The house has been lovingly restored without compromise. It maintains many original stunning architectural features, including its façade, marble and mosaic tiled floors, high ceilings with mouldings, beautiful stained glass windows, curved staircase and a roof of green Arabic tiles.
The property has also been brought up to modern day spec and includes standout exterior features including terraces, gardens, decking and a stunning infinity swimming pool (under construction) with breathtaking views over the city and the sea beyond.
The 765.20m² constructed surface includes the main house distributed over 4 floors and a tower, a guard/guest house separated from the main house by a corridor and a garage on the same level as the Vallvidrera road.
This one-of-a-kind project is an homage to the early 20th Century when Barcelona enjoyed great prosperity and family homes were built using the finest materials and craftsmanship.
Thanks to this loving and uncompromising restoration by Javier Barba/BC Estudio Architects, the true spirit of this Barcelona landmark has returned to Villa Paula.
More information and photos available for qualified buyers
- Swimming pool
- Sea views
- Bright and spacious reception room with fireplace and bay window overlooking the city
- Living area offering spectacular views
- Large terrace
- Kitchen with winter garden-breakfast room equipped with fridge, sink and wood pizza oven
- Utility room
- Service ensuite bedroom
- Master ensuite bedroom with bath tub, gas fireplace and access to terrace offering stunning views over Barcelona and the sea
- 2 further double bedrooms
- Master ensuite bedroom with bath tub and rain shower, gas fireplace and access to terrace offering stunning views over Barcelona and the sea
- Double ensuite bedroom with balcony
- Duplex double ensuite bedroom with balcony
- Double ensuite bedroom
- Tower room with studio/office offering panoramic views
- Double ensuite bedroom with access to terrace and garden
- Children's playroom/cinema room
- Spa area with sauna, steam room and cold shower
- Machine room
- Garage for 2 cars with plenty of storage space
- Fully equipped bathroom
- Wine cellar
- Extended and renovated Modernista house
- Unique location overlooking Barcelona and the Mediterranean
- Infinity pool (currently under construction)
- Original features including stained glass windows and mosaic tile flooring
- Spa area
- Catalan vaulted ceilings with mouldings
- Tower room with spectacular 360º views
- Wooden flooring
- Independently zoned HVAC
- Underfloor heating
- Built-in wardrobes
- 2 independent alarm systems with cameras (interior/exterior)
- Storage room
- LED lighting throughout
- 2-car garage and workshop
- Large cistern and water reclaim/re-use system
Situated up in the heart of the Zona Alta area of Barcelona, Sarrià is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Barcelona's Zona Alta. Tucked in between Tres Torres and Pedralbes, Sarrià extends up towards Vallvidrera and is considered by many to be the heart of the Zona Alta.
Being one of the oldest neighborhoods in Barcelona, Sarrià was originally a few small, narrow streets along the main thoroughfare Mayor de Sarrià. Now, spreading up over the foothills of the Collserola Mountain Range, Sarrià is one of the only neighbourhoods where you can find houses in Barcelona. The close proximity to many of the best international schools and English speaking schools of Barcelona makes Sarrià an extremely popular area for international families looking to relocate to Barcelona.
Apartments for sale in Sarrià tend to be larger, and many have service quarters with a maid's room and separate service entrance and elevator. Original features in properties in Sarrià are harder to come by, and some apartments require modernisation. Due to the low-rise, spacious layout of the apartment blocks, Sarrià apartments tend to benefit from excellent natural light. Most apartments also have underground parking in the same or a nearby building.
It is still possible to find private detached houses to buy in Sarrià. These are normally either classic properties dating from the turn of the last century, often with a modernist theme, or new build. Some developers have also started building state-of-the-art, luxury modern houses for sale with gardens, car parking and private swimming pools. There are also a number of properties built in the 1960s and 1970s which require some modernisation.
There are several metro stops in the Sarrià area and there are lots of bus lines in operation. By road there are easy connections to the city ring roads and to the international airport.